The term “cheat day” is something many people have begun to incorporate into their fitness routine. A cheat day allows you to eat whatever you want within reason without having the guilty feeling that follows when not sticking to your diet. Many people use Thursday or Friday as their cheat day (preferably on Fridays just for fun).
Here are 4 MUST TRY healthy recipes for your next cheat day.
1. Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
1 whole boneless chicken breast per person, ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, 1 handful of spinach leaves, cheese ½ cup (Grated), black pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spread out chicken breasts on a cutting board and add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Make sure the seasoning is spread evenly over both sides of the chicken.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and add cooking oil. Add spinach leaves to the pan and stir until leaves are wilted (about 5 minutes). Add sun-dried tomatoes pieces to the pan. Stir in light cream cheese into the pan until it is melted into the sauce. Turn off the stove once done.
- Take one half of the chicken breast and spread out spinach and cheese mixture onto one side. Roll up chicken to form a log, making sure to secure it with a toothpick or two. Repeat for all four pieces of chicken.
- Place stuffed chicken on top of parchment paper and let it cook in the oven for 15 minutes (this will depend on the size of the chicken breast).
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving. Drizzle any remaining mixture over the cooked stuffed chicken.
2. Salted chocolate caramel cups
1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, 8 tbsp butter (salted), 1/4 tsp salt, 12 oz. dark or semisweet chocolate chips, 24 mini cupcake liners.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture becomes light brown and has a syrupy consistency. Once the mixture has turned amber in color, add the butter and salt. In a microwaveable bowl, combine the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of butter. Microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring after each one until melted. Once the chocolate is fully melted, fold it into the caramel with a spatula until smooth. Add a tablespoon of chocolate to each mini cupcake lined muffin tray. Chill for 5-10 minutes and then serve.
3. Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
2 very ripe bananas (mashed), 1 egg (beaten), ¼ cup oats, ¼ cup whole wheat flour, 1 tbsp baking powder, cinnamon ½ tsp, honey 2 tbsp (optional).
- Mix all ingredients. Heat a skillet and cook pancakes on both sides until golden brown. Drizzle honey over pancakes for extra sweetness.
4. Cocoa Banana “Ice Cream”
2 very ripe bananas (peeled and sliced), ¼ cup nonfat milk (optional, you can use water instead), 1 tbsp cocoa powder.
- Put all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Transfer mixture into a freezer-safe container and let it chill in the freezer for about an hour. Take out of the freezer and transfer to the fridge 30 minutes before serving. Top with nuts or cocoa powder if desired.
It’s good to have some fun at times and a good recipe could do the trick. These four amazing cheat day recipes will quench your cravings for a good delicious meal.